In 1953, Dr. Paul Casey established what would later become Casey Vision Care at 1 North Main Avenue, Albany, NY. A graduate of Siena College and the Columbia University School of Optometry, Paul conducted eye examinations, aided in the selection of frames, and dispensed glasses at this location for 45 years.
Dr. Casey’s son, James P. Casey, joined his father as optician in 1986. In addition to dispensing and fitting of eyewear, Jim’s opticianary license also includes the fitting and assessment of contact lenses, which helped to widen the services that the practice could offer.
The present name of the practice, Casey Vision Care, was adopted in 1986 to indicate the widening scope of the practice and eye care. In 1997, as Paul neared retirement, optometrist Dr. Francis B. Casey joined the practice. Despite having the same last name, he is not related to our founder.
The demand for eye examination appointment time increased so that in 1998, Frank Casey’s daughter, Dr. Monica Casey-Gee, joined the practice as the second optometrist. The need for larger office space resulted in moving the practice in October 2001 from 1 North Main Avenue to the present location at 1660 Western Avenue in Guilderland.